Online Discussion: GDPR and Innovation
Workshop in the context of European Data Protection Day 2021
28 January 2021 | Online
On Thursday, 28 January 2021, the non-profit social innovation platform, MADE, collaborates with Innovathens powered by Samsung, the innovation and entrepreneurship hub of the Technopolis of the Municipality of Athens, to organise the online discussion “GDPR & innovation” on the occasion of the European Data Protection Day.
- Introduction by Mandalena Kaili, MADE Group
- Keynote Speech 1 by Antonios Oikonomou Project manager / INNOVATHENS powered by Samsung
- Keynote Speech 2 by Gerasimos Tzamarelos, Head of Educational Programs / INNOVATHENS powered by Samsung
- Personal data as an obstacle or opportunity for innovation projects:
- “Truly Media: Personal Data, Misinformation and Social Balance” by Antonios Ramfos, Athens Technology Center
- “CALIPER: Linking Research and Innovation for Gender Equality” by Dr Emmanuel Danos & Dr. Maria Flouri, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens
- “MINDMED: Health Digitization, research and protection of sensitive personal data” by Dr Konstantinos Botis, CEO of MINDMED, Level 2 researcher Institute of Information & Communication Technologies, CERTH
- “ChildRescue: The protection of personal data and humanitarian action in the context of innovation programs. The contribution of the Greek Red Cross to the ChildRescue research program” by Dr Antonios Avgerinos, President of the Greek Red Cross
- Closing remarks
- Alexandros Spyridonos, lawyer, DN, LL.M. (L.S.E.), Legal Adviser European Law Observatory on New Technologies-ELONTech
- Eva Kaili, MEP, Head of Center for AI & S.T.O.A. Committee
For more information about the event and ECE-NTUA’s participation to showcase CALIPER please click here.