Establishment of the G-WISE Network for Women in Greek STEM and Entrepreneurship
The Women in STEM & Entrepreneurship – Greece (G-WISE) network has been created by the collaboration of the EU funded projects CALIPER – Gender Equality in STEM Research and RESET – Redesigning Equality and Scientific Excellence Together and their pilot institutions; namely the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the National Technical University of Greece, and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki respectively. The idea behind the network was to create an open space that would bring together women active (or that want to become active) in the STEM area and the area of entrepreneurship, in order to communicate, share their ideas, experiences, transfer knowledge, create / become role models and integrate gender equality into STEM and entrepreneurship. Main targets of the network are:
- Support and guide all members, through the use of suitable tools (communication, experiences exchange, knowledge transfer, mentoring activities, empowerment etc.).
- Create positive female role models.
- Implement actions to inform and raise awareness on the issues of gender equality, equal representation, diversity enhancement and work-life balance.
- Facilitate networking activities for women in STEM and entrepreneurship.
- Inspire young women to engage with a career in STEM and/or and entrepreneurship.
- Comprise the link among research, education, and industry.
The G-WISE network has been established on the 18th of May 2023, through the LinkedIn platform. It is available at: https://www.linkedin.com/